The 2021 Presidential youth empowerment scheme registration portal (http://p-yes.gov.ng) is open to Nigerian Youths that meet the requirements for the 2021/2022 batch.
Before we continue, It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying for this scheme.
Also, note that the Presidential youth empowerment scheme 2021 is free for all applicants. Do not pay any money to anyone to secure a spot.
Things you need to know About Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES)
The P-YES scheme covers the “Youth” defined in the Nigerian National youth policy (2009) as male and female individuals whose ages are between 18 and 40 years old.
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (PYES) aims to create at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities through direct youth empowerment over a minimum period of two years.
- ICT & Mobile money
- Technical Acquisition
- Food and beverages
The scheme will be accessible to the literate, semi-literate and the non-literate population.
The threshold for qualification is set at the basic ability and capacity to learn and be teachable.
In addition to the fore going, the following is set as the basic pre-conditions for enlistment;
- Applicant must be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Applicant must have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Beneficiaries should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
What is the Benefit of the P-YES scheme?
Successful applicants stand a chance to get the following benefit;
- Seed Empowerment Tools (SET): Youth will undergo training and practical skills acquisition programmes in multiple vocations. The beneficiaries will be given Seed Empowerment Tools (SET), which they are expected to grow and further empower other members of their community.
- P-YES Seed Incubation Program: The P-YES Seed Incubation Program (PSIP) is anchored on the principle of two for one. That is, each of the 774,000 beneficiaries is expected to reproduce at least one beneficiary over a period of 12 months after being empowered with a seed business tool.
Currently, the Federal government has not fixed a deadline for the P-YES scheme registration.
How to Apply for Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme Portal
To apply for the P-YES scheme you need to register through the P-YES registration portal by visiting https://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng
Other Federal Jobs You can Look out for in 2021:
- National Social Housing Programme
- N-Power NEXIT portal Registration
- NCDC Recruitment Application form
- Top paying Federal government jobs
- Institute of Human Virology Nigeria Recruitment
- NLNG Recruitment 2020/2021 Career Portal
- Nigeria Union of Pensioners Recruitment and jobs
- Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (N-YIF)
- Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service (DSSC) Recruitment
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Recruitment