This guide is aimed at introducing users to information about how to migrate to Canada and specific ways in which you can successfully migrate to Canada.
Canada is amongst the first-world countries receiving foreigners. This is so because they believe that most foreigners bring great value to their economic development in multiple ways.
According to the most recent statistics provided by Statistics Canada, there have been over 6million visitor travel documents approved by Canada Immigration. This happens almost yearly so it proves how easy getting a Canadian visa can be, as long as you’ve met all necessary requirements.
How to Migrate to Canada; 5 Ways to get Canadian Visa
Canada has 5 major ways in which you can obtain a Canadian visa that will aid your migration into Canada. Applying through any of the below-highlighted methods would get you to Canada, but the program you’d follow is dependent on the reason you’re migrating to Canada
These 5 ways are;
- The Express Entry program.
- The Provincial Nominee program.
- The Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Work Visa.
- Federal Self Employed Immigration program.
- Family Class Sponsorship program.
The Express Entry Programs
The Canadian Express Entry program is the fastest and most desired pathway for individuals seeking a new life in Canada. The Express Entry program collates and processes applications of people who want to immigrate to Canada and acquire permanent resident status. The government basically uses the Express Entry program to fill labor gaps through certain economic immigration programs. So, par adventure you’re a qualified skilled worker, the express entry program is a point-based efficient selection system that offers you the opportunity to become a permanent resident in Canada. Candidates who fall under any of these programs are eligible to apply under the Express Entry program.
- Federal skilled worker (FSW)
- Federal skilled trade (FST)
- Canada experienced class (CEC)
How can I apply for Express Entry?
The first step is submitting your profile to the appropriate body which requires the following documents:
- Your language test results
- Your passport or travel document
- Your educational credential assessment report
After the submission of your profile, you might receive an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Then you’d be required to provide a more elaborate application that includes additional identity documents, reference letters, police clearance certificates, and results of your medical examination.
The Provincial Nominee Program
The provincial nominee programs (PNPs) offer an easier pathway to gain Canadian permanent residency for individuals who are interested in migrating to a specific Canadian province or territory.
Sometimes individuals who don’t have enough points to apply for the federal express entry program usually apply for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). This program enables Canadian provinces and also territories such as Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Alberta, and others to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada. Also, each Canadian province and territory operates it’s own PNP specifically designed to meet its economic and demographic needs.
What are the requirements for Canada’s PNPs?
The requirements vary for each PNP in Canada as they’re specifically designed by the provinces and territories. Provinces and territories are always looking out for applicants with work experience that meets certain needs of their specific and unique labour market.
They mostly take into consideration your education, language proficiency, and skill set. In order for you to qualify, you must demonstrate your ability to contribute positively to the local economy, and your genuine intention to settle in that province or territory.
How to apply for a Provincial Nominee Program in Canada
Listed below is the Step-by-Step guide to applying for a Canadian PNP:
- Find the PNP that is the best fit for you.
- Apply to your chosen PNP.
- Obtain the Provincial Nomination certificate.
- Submit your application for permanent residence.
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) work visa
The LMIA work visa process is another suitable way individuals can immigrate to Canada. LMIA stands for Labour Market Impact Assessment formerly known as Labour Market Opinion (LMO), this is a document issued by Economic and Social Development Canada (ESDC) assessing the impact of employing a foreign worker in Canada and this is necessary in most cases for individuals to obtain a Canadian work permit/visa. Depending on the job in contention, it requires the employer to apply for the LMIA and send a copy of the approval letter to the employee. However, some job offers don’t require a work permit/visa and there are also LMIA exempted job offers.
International Mobility Program
The International Mobility Program (IMP) is a program that allows Canadian employers to hire temporary foreign workers without the need for an LMIA.
These LMIA exemptions are based on the following conditions:
- A broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada; and
- A reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents.
In order for an organization to hire a foreign worker through the IMP, a Canadian employer must follow these three steps:
- The employer must confirm the position or worker in question qualifies for an LMIA-exemption.
- The employer must pay the employer compliance fee of $230 CAD.
- The employer must submit the official job offer through IMP’s Employer Portal.
- Only after finishing the aforementioned three steps will the foreign nationals be qualified to apply for their own work permit.
Federal Self-employed Immigration Program:
Self-employed farmers, professional athletes, or individuals in the arts and culture industry who can prove that they have the prospect to be gainfully self-employed in Canada are eligible for a business immigration visa, provided they meet all the selection criteria for the Federal Self-Employed Persons Program.
So naturally, this is the best option for high net-worth individuals who are also self-employed to obtain a Canadian visa. Par adventure you’re self-employed with relevant experiences in cultural activities, then you can seamlessly migrate to Canada through this immigration program.
Federal Self-Employed Program Requirements
A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in the applicant’s professional industry is required within the five years that precede their immigration application. Professional athletes and professionals in the arts and culture industry must provide proof of:
- Being self-employed within their industry for two years, or
- Participating at a world-class level within their domain for two years, or
- A fusion of one year of each of the above-listed criteria.
Self-employed individuals wanting to own and operate a farm must be equipped with two years of farm management experience within the five years that preceded their application.
Family Class Sponsorship
As a nation committed to family reunification and keeping loved ones together, Canada offers a few immigration programs that give Canadians the opportunity to sponsor their family members to Canada.
This program simply helps Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have their families outside Canada and wish to migrate them to Canada, successfully achieve that. However, the Canadian government ensures this is possible under the Family class sponsorship program.
Who can you sponsor?
The below-stated relationships are the only once eligible to be sponsored under the family class sponsorship program:
- Spouse or common-law partner.
- Child or other dependents.
- Parents or grandparents.
Outside these ways, I already revealed a How to get a Work abroad Visa and Permit in Canada. I recommend you also to go through that guide to know more about migrating to Canada. If you’re a student that wishes to study abroad, then read on Study in Canada: Student Visa Process and Requirements.
- Study in Canada: Student Visa Process and Requirements
- How to Immigrate to Canada as a Truck Driver
- How to Apply for Canada Visa Lottery
- Canada Permanent Residency Program for Essential
- How to get a Work abroad Visa and Permit in Canada
- How to become a pharmacist in Canada
- Highest Paying Biology Jobs in Canada to Apply for Now
- How to Apply for High Paying Nursing Jobs in Canada
- How to Apply for High Paying Nursing Jobs in Canada for Foreigners