Specialist, Government & Community Affairs job at 9mobile
Job Title: Specialist, Government & Community Affairs
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Coordinate the development, establishment and maintenance of cordial relationships with all stakeholders i.e. government agencies and host communities within the Region 1 and leverage on all existing relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Monitor and analyse political, economic and policy trends and activities in Region 1, working with all internal stakeholders to mitigate potential threats to EMTS operations.
- Maintain relationships with host communities after sites are integrated. Identify initiatives or programs to develop the communities and ensure proper implementation in assigned Region.
- Collate data, prepare periodic reports and conduct research on policies, laws, regulations and data relevant to EMTS.
- Track, monitor and analyse state legislative bills, local government bye laws, public policies and directives from Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) in Region 1 and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives to protect EMTS policy interests
- Manage senior government officials in Region 1 to ensure their participation in all EMTS events
- Engage the relevant MDAs in the Region to prevent multiple taxation, acquire permits/approvals and minimise adverse actions by such bodies which may disrupt operations of any EMTS outlet
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payment of all government statutory fees.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all stakeholders in host communities within which EMTS operates or/and has outlets and leverage on relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Participate in the evaluation of prospective cities, towns and communities identified for outlets and make recommendations in line with best practice and the company’s interest
- Identify all issues (Government or Community) and work within company procedures and guidelines to resolve them within agreed timelines.
- Ensure all stakeholders Radio, Transmission, Site Acquisition, Rollout, Legal and Finance teams are aware of all government or community related issues and follow through with them to ensure resolution
- Initiate and carry out dialogues, meetings, negotiations where necessary on behalf of the organization to resolve issues relating to roll-out and post roll out operations in host communities
- Provide input in the development/modification (where necessary) of company procedure and guidelines regarding government and/or community relations
- Ensure due diligence and integrity is employed for stakeholder discussions and all dispute resolutions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs.
- First degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three to Five years post NYSC relevant work experience
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested and qualified applicants should apply through the career portal of 9mobile.
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.