Job Title: Associate Solutions Engineer – Bachelor/Master (Graduate)
Job Id: 1279234
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Training Location: TBC
Area of Interest: Engineer – Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type: New Graduate
Start date: 27th July 2020
Cisco – The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Why you will love Cisco
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give you smart cities, connected cars and hospitals. Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people.
- Ranked in the top 30 best places to work globally by both Fortune and LinkedIn, you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
- Cisco has a strong culture of openness, trust and fun. You’ll be working with some of the best brains in the business in a supportive, connected and technologically advanced environment.
- We ensure you are recognized for you contribution to Cisco through bonus schemes and our reward program ‘Connected Recognition’.
- Our employees have great work-life balance and celebrate their birthdays on Cisco! This means that you will be able to take your own birthday day off and enjoy an extra day’s holiday.
- Work for the benefit of everyone. All our employees receive 5 days a year to pursue voluntary causes they are passionate about through our ‘Time2Give’ initiative.
- We offer our employees the Freedom to choose how and where they work most efficiently and effectively.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be part of our Cisco Sales Associates Program (CSAP), an award-winning graduate training program for young talent aspiring to move into sales or engineering roles. For the first months of the program you’ll learn about the latest technology advancements and how to position Cisco’s architectures, solutions and products to our customers. During the second part of your CSAP year, you’ll move into an engineering role as part of your on-the-job-experience within the Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) Team. You will be actively involved in sales opportunities and assigned to specific projects that align to your skill set.
- The program, while challenging, will push you to become the best version of yourself. You’ll be encouraged to pursue industry-standard certifications and be assessed and coached through customer simulations and on-the-job activities. We’ll offer you a safe and fun environment to practice what you’ve learnt, all the while providing you with feedback to develop your potential. Thanks to this rigourous training plan, we’ve earned a strong reputation within our internal sales organization.
Who You’ll Work With
- You’ll train alongside incredibly talented individuals, like yourself, from different countries and diverse backgrounds. Early on, you’ll make long-lasting friendships and belong to a rich human network that will support you through out your career. As a successful Associate Solutions Engineer (ASE), you’ll expand your software and networking knowledge to collaborate with Cisco sales professionals and provide technical solutions for our customers and partners. You’ll learn from top experts and coaches in a unique classroom setting where we use our own ‘state-of-the-art’ collaboration technology. You’ll have your own mentor, a CSAP alumnus who’s been in your shoes and will guide you in your first year. With a strong Cisco team committed to your success, you’ll gain hands-on education and experience, while receiving an attractive salary and pursuing your career aspirations.
Who You Are
- Technology enthusiast, who enjoys talking about innovation and always keeps up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and thinking creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
What You Need To Be Eligible
- Graduate by December 2019
- Graduate from a relevant technical degree such as; Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Data Science or similar.
- Fluent in English
- Hold the right to live and work in the country that you are applying for, without future company sponsorship required. Student visas and temporary permits obtained on your own will not be acceptable.
- Willing to relocate for 12 months of training to hub. Visa assistance and relocation package to training hub will be provided as required.
- Willing to return to your country you applied for, unless otherwise required due to business needs.
- Knowledge and experience in software languages. C, C++, C#, Java or Python are desired.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ALL Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cisco.com.