Public Relations Lead at 9Mobile
Job Title: Public Relations Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Implement external communication policies and procedures in alignment with EMTS’s overall corporate policies.
- Coordinate initiatives and events that provide an avenue for communicating and projecting EMTS’s corporate image and brand values to the public
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Public Relations Lead
- Keeping abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the activities of the public relations unit.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy
- Develop positive relationships with both local and international media organisations, public relations agencies and other key external stakeholders
- Review EMTS’s public relations plan for completeness and compliance to agreed standards.
- Ensure the timely implementation of approved media plans and programmes.
- Manage all aspects of EMTS’s nationwide public relations activities including media publications, interviews, queries, press conferences and corporate responsibility programs.
- Ensure that speaking engagements and invitations to major events that would project the EMTS brand are sought and obtained for the CEO and other executive management personnel.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for EMTS’s corporate events and sponsorship’s activities in liaison with the Events and Sponsorship function.
- Prepare draft articles, conference papers, speeches for publications, press briefings and other related external communications.
- Oversee processes involved in the production of educative and enlightening company publications and ensure compliance to the organisation’s corporate values.
- Assist in development of effective media/public relations and crisis management policies and procedures and proffer suggestions to the Head, Corporate Communication.
- Manage and project corporate image and identity of EMTS.
- Participate in the selection of public relations agencies
- Oversees the selection of the extent of public understanding and acceptance of EMTS’s services and suggest innovative awareness initiatives.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of all public relations events/campaigns.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and record of all external communications
- Monitor competitive activity in relations to media/public relations.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions and the public relations team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control budgetary needs of the unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention for the attention of the Head, Corporate Communications.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Corporate Communications.
- First degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Five (5) to nine (9) years of work experience, with at least three (3) years in supervisory role
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.