University Press PLC Recruitment 2021: University Press PLC (UPPLC) has new job vacancies you might be interested in. Please make sure you carefully read through the job requirements for the individual positions before sending yout credentials to the company.
Also, note that this application is free for all applicants. Please disregard anyone that tells you to pay money to secure a spot.
About University Press PLC (UPPLC)
University Press PLC (UPPLC) was founded in 1949 under the name of Oxford University Press Nigeria, and has grown to become one of the oldest, most experienced and the Nation’s Foremost Publishers of materials for educational and for general reading. At incorporation as a public liability company in 1978, the Company’s name was changed to University Press Limited with an authorised share capital of 8,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50k each.
Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 14th August 1978, UPPLC has, on two occasions, won the prestigious Stock Exchange Merit Award in the service sector of quoted companies. It has also won, for two consecutive years, 1984 and 1985, the Concord Prize for Excellence in Academic Publishing.
University Press PLC recruiting to fill the position below:
SEE ALSO: UAC Nigeria Recruitment and Jobs
Job Title: Deputy Manager (Production)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Head Office)
- Ensures Company’s policies and procedures are followed on inventory supplies and accurate records are maintained.
- Monitors quality, accuracy, timeliness of all orders to ensure customers’ commitment are met through production of high quality jobs that meet customers’ delivery expectation.
- Takes all necessary actions to manage production costs without compromising quality.
- Coordinates completion of duties and manages all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste, spoilage and abuse to equipment.
- Ensures preventive maintenance of all production equipment.
- Must be conversant with market price of materials and services.
- Ensures that all machines are fully engaged in productive activity to meet the Company’s profitability goal of the unit.
- Prepares, updates, communicates and maintains the production schedule.
- Oversees all staff scheduling, time-off request and overtime.
- A relevant first degree (BSc / HND) in Graphics, Fine Arts, Design and Printing with a minimum of second class lower division / lower credit.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and versatile.
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in managing a Production Department in the publishing and printing industry.
- Membership of relevant professional institute will be an added advantage.
- Not more than 38 years of age.
- Competitive and sufficiently attractive for the right type of candidate. A fulfilling and bright career is assured.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV, and photocopies of their Credentials (as stated above) to: [email protected] with the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Send soft copies to:
The Head (Human Resources Division),
University Press Plc,
Three Crowns Building, Jericho,
badan – Oyo State.
19th February, 2021.
Note: Applicants applying for the University Press PLC Recruitment should indicate the state/city they are interested in
- The job might not be available anymore when you visit the APPLY NOW page but we promise to always give you the latest update on this offer.
- The jobs above are subject to change.
- You have to visit regularly for the latest update.
Disclaimer: NewBalancejobs.com Do not have any influence on the recruitment process. We assist you with every information you need in regards to the application process.
Feel free to ask your question in the comment box below;