ATTENTION!!! FOLLOWS US ON GOOGLE NEWS and be the first to know about high paying job vacancies so you can apply IMMEDIATELY. Click here to JOIN GOOGLE NEWS.
Save the Children
Job Title: Gender Officer
Company: Save the Children
Job Ref: 190001XD
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- The Gender Officer will support the Gender Equality Coordinator to provide technical support to the humanitarian mission to ensure the vision of Save the Children where all girls and boys can hold diverse hopes and dreams for their futures, and have equal opportunity to make these come true are met.
- The Officer will support the Gender Equality Coordinator to provide technical support to mainstream gender in across programmes in the humanitarian response in NE Nigeria.
- She/he will ensure gender is integrated into the results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and tool development.
- She/he will not only ensure programmes are gender sensitive but aim to provide support to make such programmes become gender transformative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Gender Equality Coordinator to develop a gender mainstreaming strategy for SCI humanitarian programmes.
- With support from the Gender Equality Coordinator, formulate key gender messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues with a gender lens.
- Support the Gender Equality Coordinator to ensure that voices of children disaggregated by sex form the basis of all key organizational strategies.
- Acquire information and understanding of key gender issues in the country particularly in the north east focusing on boys and girls (e.g GBV, Early Child Marriage, SRH etc) and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Support to build the capacity of key programme staffs and volunteers including CS on gender.
- Develop good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them working with the Gender Equality Coordinator and the advocacy team.
- Provide inputs into systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence for gender based programming and influencing at state and national levels.
- Write regular progress reports for activities implemented, as well as support gender related programme reports as directed.
- Maintain a strong relationship with other Gender related staff across SCI
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media particularly working on gender issues and participate in gender working group meetings, which may include providing oversight. Perform other tasks, as required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.