Daily Times of Nigeria Plc
Daily Times of Nigeria Plc is currently hiring the services of Publishing Director at their FCT office. Please read through the recruitment requirements before applying for this job.
The Daily Times of Nigeria Plc is an information technology and services company based out of Reverend V. A. Roberts 43/45 Coldharbour Lane, London, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Publishing Director
Location: Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- The Publishing Director oversees the content teams of a publication in order to create engaging content for print or digital. Their duties include approving proofs, setting publication goals, and generating content ideas.
- Your ultimate goal will be to provide exceptional, informative, and appealing content to attract our targeted audience and build customer loyalty. You will perform a range of tasks including evaluating proofs, setting publication goals, designing content, and generating story ideas.
- As the Editor, you will demonstrate a good eye for detail and know-how to manage all the moving parts of a publication. To excel in this position, the successful candidate will also possess excellent communication, editing, proofreading, and sales skills.
- They should be veteran news media professional with deep understanding and experience of news publishing across geographies and should hold a second degree with not less than 10 years of media practice, with the last five being at the executive suite of a major media conglomerate.
- Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
- Establish publication standards and goals.
- Research and authenticate facts, dates, and statistics.
- Evaluate and approve design proofs submitted by the media room prior to publication production.
- Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience.
- Coordinate with designers, photographers, writers, and artists.
- Hire and supervise writers, reporters, and other media team employees.
- Meet tight deadlines and monitor budgets.
- Proofread and edit stories or art pieces.
- Develop a target-specific editorial strategy to create great contents for readers’ engagements
- Revive and activate other titles on the newspaper’s stable, namely; Business Times, Sunday Times, and Lagos Weekend.
- Submit entries for credible national and international media awards.
- Promote balance and fair reporting of all manners of people, political ideas, and other diversities.
- Closely monitor all editorial contents to prevent incidents of libelous litigations.
- Pursue the participation of the company’s titles in national and international media events.
- Explore editorial-driven business partnerships in liaison with Regional Directors in Kano and Port-Harcourt.
- Editorial production of the group e.g. special project Nigeria Our Heritage (NOH)
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a team of editors, journalists, designers, information specialists, online journalists, and photographers.
- Editorial management of Digital Products and Brands e.g CAX, Daily Times Digital, etc.
- Create and introduce new sections that capture the popular demand of our readers and capable of boosting the public profile of the newspaper.
- Ensure the regular publication of exclusive stories and interviews to elicit brand differentiation and readers’ engagement across the news platform company.
- Direct the editorial focus toward social advocacy against negative conducts in the nation’s socio-economic and political space.
- Ensure the entire editorial team adheres strictly to professional ethics and corporate integrity.
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by the Publisher.
- Have excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
- Understand their target audience
- Have good organizational skills
- Be able to make decisions
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be prepared to work long hours if required.
- Have good it skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
- Have leadership skills and the ability to be diplomatic and fair
- Have sales skills to improve publication sales
- Be able to give clear, accurate instructions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.