International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is hiring Administration Officer at their Abuja office.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality, and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Vacancy No: IFRC04589
Duration: 9 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not applicable
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- The overall aim of the IFRC is” to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during, and after disasters and crises and health emergencies. The Federation is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional and country offices throughout the world.
- The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity of the International Federation to serve, connect, and represent National Societies. The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency; coordination and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the RCRC Movement; and expanding engagement with partners.
- The Secretariat’s headquarters is organized in three main business groups: (i) Partnerships, including Movement and Membership; (ii) Programs and Operations; and (iii) Management. The Secretariat has five regional offices, as follows: Americas (Panama City); Africa (Nairobi); Asia and Pacific- AP (Kuala Lumpur); Europe (Budapest); the Middle East and North Africa-MENA (Beirut). As one of the five decentralized Regional Offices, Regional Office for Europe supports 54 National Societies to strengthen their humanitarian and development efforts, helping them to remain partners of choice within their country and sustainable and accountable for their actions. The Abuja-based office is the hub to support West Coast Cluster and has a status agreement with the Nigerian government. The position is located in the Finance and Administration Unit.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Finance and Administration Officer, the incumbent is responsible for providing high-level support to the West Coast Cluster Office on various administrative issues to ensure efficient and effective running of the West Cluster Office on day-to-day operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control and Risk Management:
- Coordinate outsourced functions such as housekeeping, conferencing, gardening, and catering to ensure cost-effectiveness and service delivery in accordance with agreements
- Keeping track of Lease agreements for the houses, office, taking note of which leases have expired, need to be renewed, sorting out any issues raised, and keeping the records up to date.
- Safeguard fixed assets and maintain a robust and updated asset management register.
- Coordinate and manage mobile phone bills and telephone lines.
- Maintain an updated inventory of office stationery.
- Ensure all utilities are settled in time and there are no service disruptions.
- Work with security officers to enhance security on the premises.
- Work with the security officer to ensure proper custody of office keys and necessary duplications are being made.
- Maintain accurate registration of assets and property of the Regional office.
- Ensure that all incoming international staff is well facilitated and that they return all equipment, assets, and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
- Draft and keep up-to-date procedures and guidelines on housing, telephone, travel, and other administrative processes as necessary and promote adherence to them.
- Safeguard contracts signed by the office and service providers.
- Prepare monthly reports in relation to telephones, and housing and hand it to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer
- Prepare monthly reports in relation to inventory, facilities, telephones and housing.
- Follow up on payments to avoid service disruption
Management of Delegate Housing:
- Check the new apartment and review those based on the IFRC housing policy and Security policy. From those options find a suitable apartment for the Delegate started collecting options from the House agent, showing it to the delegate, negotiating with the owner, Checking the inventory, and confirm deals with the owner
- Take necessary contract signed off and upload in the systems and monitor the overall apartment contract matrix of the country
- Process Delegate Monthly apartment rental, Utilities Invoice.
- Review and Manage the Delegate housing list. Do updates on the extensions and stopped the contracts and collect the security money.
- Liaison with the apartment owner regarding any extension of the contracts and/or repair maintenance on a timely basis.
- Checking all the legal document of the apartment owner, drafting contract, and sending for approval in the E-Contract system
Management of travel and visitor-related tasks:
- Coordinate travel management related tasks from ticket purchase to processing invoices.
- Arrange all visitors Airport pick up and Drop.
- Arrange all Traveller/visitors Hotel accommodations as per the travel order.
- Ensure that travel-related paperwork is filed and processed in a timely manner.
- Act as focal point for welcoming services for visitors.
Clearing, Forwarding, VAT Exemptions, MOFA, and Other duties:
- Doing all clearing and forwarding of Export and imports and select the agents for the clearing process.
- Dealing with MOFA for collecting VAT exemptions for any goods or items incoming or outgoing.
- Dealing with MOFA regarding the Delegates residence card and relevant extension on the manual application process and Online application process with Senior Finance and Admin Officer and HR department.
- Dealing with MOFA about the normal VAT exemptions and VAT Exemptions card renewal.
- Review and improve administration processes as overseen by the Regional Office in Budapest.
- Any other duties as assigned by the management from time to time.
- Oversee management of telephone lines including direct lines and mobile phones, monitoring, monthly costs and liaising with Senior IT/Telecom Officer and Finance in obtaining reports.
- Ensure that all incoming international staff is well facilitated to settle in Nairobi and that they return all equipment, assets, and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
- Processing and monitoring of all the payments originating from the department.
- Support for programmes in sourcing and managing workshops, travel, visa and accommodation issues in collaboration with the protocol officer
- Work closely with the Senior HR Officer to organize farewell for delegates and national staff at the end of their contract
- Work with Finance and all departments to maintain strong Archiving system.
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer in office management
- Coordinate outsourced functions such as housekeeping, gardening and catering, ticketing to ensure cost-effectiveness and service delivery in accordance to signed agreements.
- Ensure all required fittings in delegates houses are facilitated procedural, timely and value for money considered at all levels.
- Manage Abuja Cluster office supplies. promote efficient usage and eliminate waste
- Ensure that cleanliness is maintained in the office and its environs as well as the organization vehicles.
- Ensure that proper waste disposal is practised always.
- Oversee the maintenance of office inventory on a regular basis, conduct and finalize overall inventory update
- Support Senior Finance and Administration Officer in reviewing and preparing admin procedures
- Undertake specific projects and activities including responsibility for their planning, delivery and results, as delegated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, or any other relevant fields
- A Master’s degree in Business or a related field is an added advantage.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in administration
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies, multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience within RCRC.
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Proficient in MS Office; Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word in Particular
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Willing and able to travel whenever required for work purposes
- Self-motivated and proactive, with good judgment and initiative
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French) is preferred.
- Able to work in a team and work with a multicultural team
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
- Ability to handle sensitive information, solid judgment
Competencies and Values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgment and decision making
- NS and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building trust.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The Federation is an equal opportunity employer
10th November 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.ifrc.org.