International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Information and Communication Technology Officer Recruitment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Plan, design and develop an E-Learning platform with all functioning modules (registration, learning platform).
- Basic IT troubleshooting, and knowledge with technical diagnoses, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines, and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Liaise with the assistant training coordinator and state training officers about inputs for eLearning, also train resource persons on best practices of eLearning.
- Provide and respond to inquiries/complaints and technical support to users when and where necessary.
- Documentation and delivery where required inductions and basic training in the use of the eLearning platform and other related services provided.
- Information technology technical support of corporate computer-based applications, install, maintain, and complete backups of the Project data and files.
- Check and review content from resource persons notifying for correction before uploading learning materials and resources per course to the eLearning platform.
- Monitor virtual classrooms and manage user’s subscription to the platform
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Computer Science, Statistics or other related courses or related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years’ related experience performing a related role. Knowledge and experience in eLearning design will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- I have experience with quantitative/qualitative analytical techniques.
- Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong coordination, organizational and analytical skills.
- I have strong experience in writing reports.
- Have intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
29th June, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.