International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Recruitment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Monitor progress of project activities identify successes and constraints of implementation and prepare progress reports.
- Conduct field monitoring and validation.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system operational framework/plan in consultation with the Project Director and Head of M&E.
- Update project result framework and log frame in consultation with the Project Director and Head of M&E.
- Design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems for the YAW project including monitoring the plans and managing the implementation.
- Design, develop, and revise electronic data collection and monitoring and evaluation processes, tools, and methods.
- Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess the progress of the project.
- Facilitate the planning and preparation of annual work plans with a focus on targets.
- Facilitate the submission of updated annual and quarterly targets of the projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
- Support the Project Director and Head of the M&E Unit in preparing different types of reports and documents as required.
- Carryout out facilitating mid-term and end of term project review
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, or related field with five (5) years’ experience or B.Sc / HND in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, or agriculture-related field performing a similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Have the ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT, and other statistical packages.
- I have strong experience working with the theory of change, logical framework design, performance indicator selection, and results-based planning approaches.
- I have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
- Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and impact evaluation studies
- Have strong experience using ONA/ODK for data collection.
- I have experience with quantitative/qualitative analytical techniques.
- Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
- Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
- The ideal candidate is a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
29th June, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.