Human Resource Officer Recruitment at Plan International. Please make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resource Officer will support the Human Resource Department in achieving its core objectives of:
- National staff are recruited, developed and managed in a strategic, proactive manner to ensure the mission’s human resource requirements for programs and support positions
- National staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases, to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees
- The management team is supported by all administrative tasks related to both national and international staff.
Dimension of Role
- Human Resource Manager: Line management, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Programme, Logistics and Finance Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
- Abuja and other field-based Human Resource teams: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
Support the Humanitarian response recruitment and Onboarding process:
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed accordingly
- Schedule interviews and confirm the attendance of candidates.
- Manage the posting, advertising, and circulation of vacancies and the screening of received applications
- Liaise with managers for technical shortlist and to define the interview panel
- Ensure interviews and tests are done in a timely manner and proper documentation submitted and filed
- Participate in interviews as necessary
- Maintain a database of written technical test and interview grids for all existing positions and work with coordination team to develop these tools for new positions
- Update and maintain a recruitment tracking database and submit to Human Resource Manager on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all information related to the payroll is received and filed in a timely manner and that supporting documentation is filed
- Prepare and distribute the payslips to all staff on a monthly basis
- Ensure that signed timesheets and payslips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff
- Act as the primary contact person with the insurance providers, communicating the start and end of insurance coverage promptly and ensuring the necessary administrative follow up is done
- Assist the implementation of a uniform briefing process across the response and ensure that it is provided for all new staff
- Facilitate staff training on Human Resource policy and procedure, as assigned
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and to ensure they are reviewed in a timely manner
- Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals and submit to the Human Resource Coordinator to be followed in the country Training Plan
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff in the response
Provide overall support to the Human Resource Department:
- Ensure the application of the Human Resource policy and provide advice and support to staff and managers
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national Human Resource functioning
- Draft and circulate Human Resource department communications as necessary
- In collaboration with the Human Resource Coordinator, develop and maintain a tracking system for response statistics
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values, and codes of conduct.
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Human Resource, Administration and Management; masters’ degree a plus
- 3 year plus Years’ of experience working in Human Resource and/or administrative support positions
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.