Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme form is out for 2021 applicants.
Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: Work Experience Programme (Internship)
Locations: The 6 Geo-political zones
To enhance the employability of Nigerian youth, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has designed the Work Experience Programme (WEP). The WEP is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to at least 2,550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
- Civil Service (Government Agencies)
- Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
- Information Technology (Software & Hardware, Telecommunications)
- Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
- Financial (Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions)
- Social Justice (NGOs, Law Firms)
About Work Experience Program
- The Work Experience Program is one the series of economic sustainability projects being implemented as an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development in Nigeria.
- Recently a clinical study and analysis of various surveys on the Nigerian youth, with respect to employability skills, was carried out alongside series of one-to-one interactions. In reaching a conclusion, it was established that one of the challenges of unemployment is the acute absence of practical workplace skills and experience.
- In order to bridge this gap, the Ministry has initiated the Work Experience Program (WEP) to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work. These skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employment, Training and Business Startups.
- The Work Experience Program (WEP) aims to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work.
- The youth will undergo a 3-month paid internship based on their profile, discipline and location. The program will take place in multiple locations across all states of the 6 Geo-political zones, including the Federal Capital Territory.
- The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills and workplace competencies that increase their potential for a successful employment.
Criteria for Selection
This programme is available to the literate population only. In addition, the following have been set as the basic pre-conditions for selection:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen, male or female between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must have completed at a University Degree, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or a National Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Applicant must have, at least one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card – PVC, Drivers’ License).
- Willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
- Ability to communicate fluently in English language.
- Beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge, and mentor peers within their immediate environment.
Benefits to Successful Interns
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply for Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme
Note: Application is free and no registration fee is required.