The 2021 World Health Organization (WHO) internship application is open for candidates that meet the requirement of the organization.
Before you continue with your application please note that the World Health Organization (WHO) internship is a paid internship offer.
WHO as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building a diverse pool of future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain insight into the technical and administrative programmes of WHO while enriching their knowledge and experience in the health field, thereby contributing to the advancement of public health.
Key Objective of WHO Internship 2021
The objectives of WHO internship program are generally as follows;
- Provide a framework for assigning postgraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments.
- Provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate such as communication, external relations, or human resources.
- Expose students to the work of WHO.
Who can Apply for WHO Internship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY
- You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply to the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment.
- You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.
- You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- You are fluent at least in one of the working languages of the office of assignment.
- You have not previously participated in the WHO’s Internship Programme.
- You hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
How to Apply
To apply for the ongoing WHO Internship 2021, applicants are adviced to please follow the steps below;
Step 1: Search for Opportunity
Step 2: Submit Application
If you have found a desirable internship position that suits your eligibility, click to apply online using the WHO corporate recruitment system (Stellis).
Applicants are required to ‘Login’ or create a profile as a ‘New User’. before sending their application through the portal
Please note that the deadline for the World Health Organization (WHO) internship program varies by vacancies
- WHO internship opportunities are currently in limited numbers due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and the confinement measures in place in several countries.
- Offers may resume depending on the evolution of the pandemic in each duty station. Please monitor the Internship Vacancies page to have more information.
- It is important to Sign Up for updates by email so as not to miss any opportunity
- It is now very competitive because of the limited number of opportunities available at a time