UN Volunteer Jobs for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Response. United Nations is currently hiring Volunteers to assist them to handle the spread of the current Pandemic ravaging the world today.
About UN Volunteer Jobs for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is placing significant strains on health systems, essential public services, and communities globally. UN entities are working closely with national governments, community groups, the health sector and industry to respond to this crisis with a multi-sectoral, equitable and human-rights focused approach.
UNV invites skilled professionals to support the UN system’s response as national UN Volunteers. Join efforts to mitigate the economic, social and health impacts of this crisis, and to safeguard the progress made towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. International UN Volunteers may telecommute or be deployed once travel restrictions are lifted.
If you have qualifications and experience in any of the following areas, we encourage you to register (or update your profile) on UNV’s web application system and enter COVID-19 as a keyword in your ‘Motivation Statement’:
- Health systems (epidemiologists, public health, health statisticians)
- Health supply chain (pharmacists, equipment, cold chain)
- Medical (medical officers, doctors, nurses, lab technicians)
- Medical waste management
- WASH (with a focus on hygiene)
- Psychosocial support (counseling)
- Emergency management and coordination
- Socio-economic & health assessment
- Gender-based violence
- Communications (incl. communications for development, communications in emergencies)
- Information management/Data analysis
- Monitoring & evaluation (ideally related to health and/or emergencies), and Reporting
- Child protection
- Economic development
Key Requirements for UN Volunteer Jobs in Nigeria
Candidates need to
- have at least two years of professional experience,
- be at least 22 years old for national UN Volunteer assignments, and at least 25 years old for international UN Volunteer assignments.
Additional requirements will be described in the Descriptions of Assignment (equivalent to terms of reference). Make sure to check them.
Your profile should highlight any prior experience in health-related emergencies.
- Duration: from 3-12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Starting date: many will require candidates to be available at short notice (1-2 weeks)
- Conditions of service: monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health and permanent disability insurance; return airfares (if applicable).
- More details will be included in the specific descriptions of assignments and may vary depending on the volunteer category (national or international UN Volunteer; Specialist or Youth assignment). Check your entitlements here: https://www.unv.org/become-volunteer.
How to Apply for UN Volunteer Jobs
- Only complete profiles can be considered. Please make sure that you click on ‘Submit UNV Profile’ once you have created your UNV account and completed all mandatory information. As confirmation of your successful registration, you will receive an email with your UNV roster number.
- Including the COVID-19 keyword in your motivation statement will ensure your profile is reviewed with priority for related assignments.
This is a time for prudence, not panic. Science, not stigma. Facts, not fear. Even though the situation has been classified as a pandemic, it is one we can control. We can slow down transmissions, prevent infections and save lives. But that will take unprecedented personal, national and international action. COVID-19 is our common enemy. We must declare war on this virus. That means countries have a responsibility to gear up, step up and scale-up… All of us have a responsibility, too – to follow medical advice and take simple, practical steps recommended by health authorities. –UN Secretary-General António Guterres
Enter your email to get the latest on UN Volunteer Jobs