This is to inform the general public that the government of Rivers state is currently hiring applicants for their 2021 recruitment.
Before you apply for this opportunity please note that Rivers State Civil Service Commission Recruitment is free for all applicants. Please do not pay any money to anyone.
The Rivers State Civil Service Commission hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the under-listed positions below:
1.) General Duty Doctors / Medical Officer
2.) Obstetricians and Gynecologist
4.) Internal Medicine Physician
5.) General Surgeon / Consultant
6.) Radiologists / Radiographers / Dental Radiography Assistant
7.) Nursing Officer / ENT Trained Nurse
8.) Pharmacist / Pharmacy Technicians / Pharmacy Assistant
9.) Laboratory Scientists/Laboratory Technicians / Laboratory Assistants
10.) Radiographer / Imaging Scientist / Dental Radiography Assistant
11.) Health Records Technologist / Health Records Technician
12.) Resident Doctor / Consultant (Paediatric Ophthalmologist, Neuro Ophthalmologist, Oculo Plastic Surgeon, General Ophthalmologist).
13.) Optometrists Opticians / Low Vision Therapist / Ophthalmic Nurses / Orthopist
14.) Clinical Audiologist / Technician / Speech Therapist.)
15.) Dental Surgeon / Dental Consultant / Dental Nurses / Laboratory Technician / Laboratory Assistant.
16.) Scientific Officer
17.) Community Health Officer
18.) Environmental Health Officer
19.) State Counsel
22.) Lands Officer
24.) Quantity Surveyor
25.) Technical Officer
27.) Information Officer
29.) Inspector of Taxes
30.) Education Officer
31.) Planning Officer
32.) Agricultural Engineer
33.) Fisheries Officer
34.) Town Planning Officer
35.) Tourism Officer
37.) Labour Officer
38.) Youth Development Officer
39.) Commercial Officer
40.) Assistant Education Officer
41.) Agricultural Officer
42.) Livestock Officer
44.) Forest Officer
45.) Social Welfare Officer
46.) Veterinary Officer
47.) Veterinary Laboratory Assistant
48.) Administrative Officer
49.) Procurement Officer
50.) Assistant Procurement Officer
51.) Programme Analyst
53.) Confidential Secretary
54.) Executive Officer
55.) Clerical Officer
56.) Artisan / Craftsman
59.) Security Guard
60.) Cleaners / Gardener
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications applicable to the position applied for
- Applicants should be within the ages of 18 and 50 years.
What is the Rivers State Civil Service Commission Salary?
- Salaries would be based on the approved Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS), Consolidated Health Salary Structure (CONHESS) and Consolidated Public Salary Structure (CONPSS) as applicabie in the Rivers State Civil Service.
Method of Applying for Rivers State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit handwritten Applications and Details of Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of the following:
- First School Leaving Certificate
- West African School Certificate or Equivalent
- University Degree and other Professional Certificates/Evidence of current Professional Licence, if applicable
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge or Exemption £ertificate
- Local Government Identification
- Birth Certificate or Affidavit of Age Declaration
All Applications (except for positions in 55 to 60) should be addressed and sent to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Rivers State Civil Service Commission,
State Secretariat Complex,
Port Harcourt – Rivers
Candidates for the positions on 55 – 60 should submit their Applications to the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of their choice.
All interested applicants for the Rivers state government recruitment excercise are advised to log on to www.rivjobs.ng portal to apply for the various vacancies published by the Commission.
Applicants are advised to adhere to all instructions on the portal to avoid disqualification.
Further details can be found on the portal (www.rivjobs.ng)
Please note that:
- Applicants who have submitted hard copies to the Commission are also expected to apply online.
- All junior Applicants should also apply online.
- An application schedule for the various LGAs is on the portal and should be adhered to.
- Application closes on Friday 11th of December 2020
- Physical (In-person) application is hereby discontinued.
The application for this job will end on 11th December, 2020.
Based on the above observation, the Commission has therefore decided to stop manual or in-person collection of applications and will commence an online application forthwith starting 12 noon, Thursday 12th November through 11th of December 2020.