How to download NIMC mobile app, print national identity card online
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has launched an application to enable Nigerians to enroll for the National Identification Number (NIN) easily.
This information was made know to the public on Thursday, December 31, 2020, in Abuja by the technical assistant, information technology to the Ministry of Communication, Femi Adeluyi.
According to Femi Adeluyi “the development was part of the federal government’s policy to improve the process of obtaining NIN and linking it to Subscribers Identification Module (SIM), and also aligning with the national digital economy policy for a digital Nigeria”.
About the NIMC mobile App
NIMC said it is easy to navigate as it has some good features. On a condition, the person that wants to use it must get his NIN in order to access the mobile app
Android users and iPhone users can download the mobile app on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively.
Step by step guide on how to use the NIMC mobile App
- After you must have downloaded and installed the App, scroll to the left and click on Skip and Begin
- Input your 11-digit NIN number and press Next, then later I Agree
- After the second step, the mobile number you used to register for your NIN will pop up together with two questions;
- I am still using this Mobile Number
- I am not using this number?
4. Click on the correct option from the two questions listed and press Next
5. Please note that if you are using the same number, enter the user ID and the OTP sent to your phone through an SMS. Then press proceed.
6. If you do not use the number again, visit any NIMC office to update your mobile number.