Applicants can now forward their application for Destination Australia scholarship 2021 at the Southern Cross University.
Only outstanding and suitably qualified international students for the Destination Australia scholarship which is designed to support students to undertake their university degree in regional Australia.
About Destination Australia scholarship
Destination Australia is an initiative of the Australian Government to support both domestic and international students who wish to pursue their higher education at Southern Cross University.
SEE ALSO: Scholarship
Study at one of the regional campuses in Lismore or Coffs Harbour, and enjoy the benefits of two of the most picturesque and affordable university towns in Australia. Be a name not a number in one of Australia’s most vibrant regional universities with small class sizes, access to world class facilities and unique natural environments within easy reach of the campus.
Key Eligibility for this scholarship
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Destination Australia scholarship at Southern Cross University;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- International Students are also required to maintain a student visa for the duration of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia, Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATES if applicable (Language certificate is mandatory)
- Applicants must be admitted into an undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses in Engineering, Science, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy offered at the University.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- An Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a student with an Australian permanent visa or an International Student Visa.
- A commencing student
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying (after being declared as the selected students)
- Enrolled as a full-time student
- Enrolled at Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Geography Standard Remoteness Structure, for the duration of each study period.
Where a course includes study outside a regional area (for example, for a clinical placement), residency away from the regional area is permitted for no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months). In cases where the requirements of a compulsory placement exceed the permitted study period away from regional area, approval must be sought from the Department of Education by the university.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent
- Students enrolling full-time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
How to Apply
To apply for the Destination Australia scholarship at Southern Cross University, you are requested to apply online through their website.
Please note that application is still open