Nigeria LNG Limited is a globally competitive LNG company helping to build a better Nigeria, incorporated as a private limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for the domestic and export markets. We provide exciting career opportunities and an innovative work environment.
Entries are invited for:
Title: The Nigeria Prize for Literature 2024
- Entries are invited for the Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly Literature Prize is sponsored by Nigeria LNG to honor the author of the best book by a Nigerian.
- The prize rotates among four literary genres – prose fiction, poetry, drama, and children’s literature. This year, the competition is for Children’s Literature.
- The winner(s) would receive an award of USD100,000.00
Panel of Judges
- A pane of judges has been appointed by the Nigerian Prize for Literature by the Advisory board for Literature.
- The appointment of the judges has been done to reflect the genre in completion for the year.
- Persons appointed as judges have wide experiences, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- Professor Saleh Abdu (Chairman)
- Professor Vicky Sylvester (Member)
- Dr. Osarobu Emmanuel (Member)
- Prof. Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo – FNAL FLSN Chairman
- Professor Olu Obafemi – FNAL NNOM Member
- Professor Ahmen Yerima – FNAL FSONTA Member
Announcement and Public Presentation of Winner
- The winner(s), if any, will be announced and presented in October, 2024
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their entries accompanied by the application form to:
The Nigeria Prize for Literature,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited Corporate Head Office,
NLNG Road, Eastern By-Pass,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Important Information and Notice
- Completed forms must be printed and submitted along with the entries.
- Go to the Nigerian Prizes’ website for more details on submission.
- An author will enter only one published work. Unpublished work will not be considered.
- No book previously submitted for this competition may be re-submitted at a later date, even if major revisions have been made or a new edition published.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- Twelve (12) copies of entry and an e-copy of each entry, with evidence of Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity Card), may be submitted either by author or publisher. Books should be submitted to Nigeria LNG Limited’s External Relations Division, promoters of the prize, by the stipulated deadline.
- No book published before 2021 will be accepted.
- The competition is open to only Nigerian writers irrespective of their place of residence.
- No member of the Advisory Board, Panel of Judges and members of their families can enter their work(s) for the award in the period in which they are serving and two years thereafter. No entries will be accepted from staff of Nigeria LNG Limited and their families.
- No entry submitted after the stipulated deadline will be accepted.
- Failure to meet all stated conditions above will lead to disqualification of the entry.