Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
University Librarian at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. See the full job requirements before applying for this position.
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is a federal government research university in Kaduna State Nigeria. ABU was founded on 4 October 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria. The university operates two campuses: Samaru and Kongo in Zaria.
The Samaru campus houses the administrative offices, sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences agricultural sciences, and research facilities. The Kongo campus hosts the Faculties of Law and Administration. The Faculty of Administration consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration Departments. Additionally, the university is responsible for a variety of other institutions and programs at other locations.
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension, and for providing library services for the entire university community.
Candidates for this post must:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, plus a higher degree (preferably Ph.D.) with at least 15 (fifteen) years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of highcr learning;
- Be professionally qualified and be practicing librarians;
- Have contributed to kiunvledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be computer literate and proficient in computer applications;
- Be registered member of the Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
Condition of Service
- The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to posts of University Librarians in Nigerian Federal Universities, and as maybe determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
12th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates are required to submit 30 copies each of the application letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post Of University Librarian, Abu Zaria” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ahmadu Bello University,
P.M.B. 1045, Zaria,
Note: Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.