Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Registrar at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. See the full job requirements before applying for this position.
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is a federal government research university in Kaduna State Nigeria. ABU was founded on 4 October 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria. The university operates two campuses: Samaru and Kongo in Zaria.
The Samaru campus houses the administrative offices, sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences agricultural sciences, and research facilities. The Kongo campus hosts the Faculties of Law and Administration. The Faculty of Administration consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration Departments. Additionally, the university is responsible for a variety of other institutions and programs at other locations.
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Zaria, Kaduna.
The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the University Governing Council through the Vice Chancellor for duties as Chief Administrative Officer that include:
- Keeping in safe custody all records of the University;
- Arrangement for the conduct of examinations;
- Serving as Secretary to and be responsible for executive action arising from decisions of the Governing Council, the Senate, Congregation and such other bodies as the Statutes of the University may prescribe or Vice-Chancellor may direct;
- Serving as member on various academic and administrative committees as may be prescribed by the law or the relevant University authorities;
- Assisting the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University.
- Candidates should possess a good honours first Degree in the Liberal, Humanities or related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate degree/diploma and registration with relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Candidates are expected to have served for at least Fifteen years (15) insufficiently Senior Administrative capacities in the University system or in comparable establishments.
- Suitable candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of the University system and competent to advise and take executive action on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service.
- Computer knowledge and application are mandatory.
Condition of Service
The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to posts of Registrars in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
12th January, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 copies each of Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post Of Registrar, Abu, Zaria”, and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ahmadu Bello University,
P.M.B. 1045, Zaria,
- Applicants are also required to submit 30 copies of not more than two-pages statement of their vision for Ahmadu Bello University.
- Referees: Candidates are advised to request three of their Referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.