The Royal Norwegian Embassy
Technical, Administrative Officer vacancy at The Royal Norwegian Embassy
Job Title: Technical, Administrative Officer
Terms of Employment: Permanent position
- The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Abuja has five diplomats and eight local employees. A technical, administrative officer position is being established.
- Norway has strong political ties with Nigeria, comprehensive business relations and administer a development programme as well as humanitarian assistance to Nigeria. The Embassy is also accredited to Cameroon, Benin and Togo.
- We are currently looking for a well-organised and flexible individual with strong inter-personal skills for the position of a technical/administrative procurement officer. The person will be part of the Embassy’s Administrative Team. The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Administer the drivers and all logistical operations of the Embassy
- Technical oversight and responsibility for the Embassy’s car park, repairs and service
- Organize and assist in all maintenance work at Chancery and residences
- Oversee office supplies at all times
- Assist Head of Chancery in miscellaneous running tasks
- Auxiliary driver.
Education and Experiences
- University or Higher Technical and/or administrative education background
- Experience from similar positions. Experience from an embassy is an advantage.
- Experience from work with national authorities, multilateral organizational and CSOs is an advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical knowledge and interest
- Good inter-personal skills and good networking abilities
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under demanding conditions.
- Readiness to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility, if and when required.
- The daily work at the Embassy can be hectic and requires at high degree of flexibility and readiness towards tasks also outside the direct responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team consisting of both Nigerian and Norwegian staff.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Good writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literacy and interest in new IT technology including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Salary according to experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application consisting of a short motivational statement of up to 300 words describing why you want this job and their CV to: [email protected] Please write the job title in the subject file. Example: “Application – PA to Ambassador”.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview and a possible written examination. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- The result of the application process will be announced at the Embassy’s website approximately three weeks after the application deadline.
Application Deadline 30th December, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com