First Bank Nigeria Limited
The management of First Bank Nigeria Limited is currently looking for those that want to begin or advance their career with the bank.
About First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Ref No: 2000002G
Job: IT TECH, SEC & OPS
Organization: Technology and Services
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From: Manager Grade Range – To: Senior Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with other application team leads in ensuring optimal performance of the applications through an effective database management
- Management of the bank’s Enterprise backup and Recovery system while ensuring that adequate backup of data is taken and readily available for recovery and restoration in line with the bank’s information security policy
- Ensure all Changes to the Configuration of the databases followed strictly the bank’s change management process and in line with the bank’s information security policy
- Ensure proper documentation of all databases infrastructure processes / procedures in the Departmental Standard of Operation Document.
- Manage the database administrators to ensure that Installation and configuration of relevant network components for database consistency and integrity
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Ensuring all the data complies with legal and international regulations
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Manage and develop checklists for the Installation and configuration of oracle and SQL databases following OEMs best practice
- Use database management system software and tools to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports for capacity management.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Respond to and resolve database issues Oracle and SQL and escalate to the OEMs as need arises
- Perform routine performance tuning on the bank’s databases while ensuring high levels of data availability, integrity and confidentiality
- Develop a monitoring tools for database growth on a weekly basis to generate Utilization Statistics for Capacity Planning and business continuity Management
- Minimum Education: First Degree in numerate disciplines; Higher Degrees/ Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
- Minimum experience – 8+ years relevant experience in database administration and management with at least 2 years in leadership position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit firstbanknigeria.taleo.net.