Software Engineer – Hacker – Founding Team at Hobo Video, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job description and apply
About Hobo Video
Hobo Video is a vernacular fun video-based localized community-driven marketplace for billions of generation Z and millennials where everybody can earn.
We are on a mission to make online shopping real via video streaming in a language the audience is most comfortable with and to provide revenue streams to influencers and small sellers by making an ecosystem of video commerce.
Job Title: Software Engineer – Hacker – Founding Team
Location: Abuja (FCT)
About the Ship!
- We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer as founding team member who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Hobo’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- You’ll demonstrate your passion for automation, scalable solutions and working with large data sets with engineering excellence principles. You will also be a role model and a mentor to the future team. As a Technology Solutions Engineer, you will use your technical aptitude and design skills to help your team navigate through complex problems, architect long-term, scalable solutions and unblock the organization from technical challenges.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Developing app architecture.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality and designing and developing APIs.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Work on complex, multi-disciplinary live/VOD video encoding projects using your engineering expertise in building global scalable systems in C++, Python, Node.js, Java.
- Design, implement and launch highly-reliable and complex cloud video encoding and live streaming, dynamic packaging services from the planning stage through execution to product launch.
- Be part of an exceptional team and cultivate innovation and agile development.
- Work on highly-scaled and robust serving systems and cloud API development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience from Tier 1 or A++ College.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- Experience with software-based video encoding, decoding, streaming software development, video/audio codec internals, and video formats.
- Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Skills in UX, user research, critical product thinking and product management will be an advantage.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent coding skill in three or more of the following: C, C++, Node.js, Java, Python, Linux.
- Experience in the following domains: audio/video streaming or other real time computing application, open source video processing tools, cross-platform development in several CPU/operating system environments and network protocols.
- Familiar with file container formats such as ISOBMFF and MPEG-2 Transport streams, and video streaming protocols such as DASH and HLS.
- Experience in DRM technologies (e.g., widevine, Fairplay, play-ready).
18th December 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Software Engineer – Hacker – Founding Team” and we would consider you for an interview.
Note: We are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com