Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is currently recruiting for the position of Program Assistant I – Social Mobilization. see job details before applying.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant I – Social Mobilization
- The Program Assistant – Social Mobilization will provide technical and programmatic support for BA-Nigeria’s community SBC interventions. S/he will also support activities in other program areas as directed by the State Coordinator or technical area leads at BA national office in Abuja.
- S/he will work closely with the Program Officer – Social Mobilization, other technical program officers in the state, the State Coordinator, and Abuja HQ technical leads to ensure integrated and comprehensive implementation BA-Nigeria’s program activities at the state level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support implementation of community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Program Officer – Social Mobilization, LGA Supervisor, Community Volunteers, State, and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees, and other stakeholders
- Participate in the development of project strategies, work plans etc.
- Support the BA-Nigeria M&E team and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Assist with preparation/writing, submission, and editing of timely and quality activity reports including success stories; and collaborate with relevant teams to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities;
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment for the practice of MNCH+N, FP, and Malaria behaviors, as applicable
- Support training and supervision of LGA Supervisors, Community Volunteers, and other social/community mobilization agents working supporting the BA-Nigeria project
- Assist to develop MNCH+N, FP, and Malaria SBC materials (as applicable) for use by community volunteers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a PDF copy of their CV to: [email protected] using “Program Assistant – Social Mobilization, Plateau” as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
1st December, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit ba-nigeria.org .