PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
Job Title: Senior Associate – Financial Services Risk & Regulation
Reference Number: 125-NIG00245
Job type: Permanent
- PwC’s Financial Services Risk & Regulation (FSRR) professionals help clients understand, assess, mitigate and resolve all issues, driven by risk management, capital management and compliance, which prevent the achievement of their strategic goals.
- Our strength is our ability to operate across all the stages of design, execution and assurance of all risk management and compliance arrangements. We work with a broad range of financial institutions and corporate organizations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital & capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and internal liquidity adequacy assessment process.
- There is an emphasis currently on leveraging analytics and technology solutions in risk management.
You may also like this; Sterling Bank Recruitment Begins 2020/2021 Application
- A career within our Risk and Regulatory Services will provide you with the opportunity to help companies rethink their approach to risk and create a sustainable risk advantage.
- We are a part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients to develop proper internal risk management controls by leveraging analytics and technology solutions to underpin efficient execution of governance, to optimize their risk and compliance framework and thereby improving business performance.
Specifically, the successful candidate’s job functions shall include:
- Assessing the risk strategy and management processes established by financial institutions over their operational and regulatory processes, including entity level
- Designing and executing advanced risk data analytical methods or analytical model over the risk management
- Assessing financial institutions’ response to regulatory requirements, including relevant regulatory risk management requirements; ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, Risk Framework design and implementation, etc.
- Developing an understanding of key end-to-end risk management flows associated with various financial products and any associated operational and financial reporting risks
- Working within a large team of consultants to deliver a detailed program of work, meeting exacting quality standards, within tight time-frames
- Identify opportunities and provide support to senior team members on business development activities
- Contribute to PwC’s thought leadership on FSRR matters.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years relevant experience
- Practical experience and working knowledge in two or more of the following: risk governance and analytics, market risk, credit risk management or audit, or liquidity risk management or audit, market risk management or audit, operational risk management or audit; Capital Management and ICAAP, Liquidity Management and ILAAP; ideally in a professional service environment (preferred but not required) or Financial institution
- Working understanding of risk management and analysis methodologies, approaches and techniques
- Strong experience in the model development tasks, including data cleaning, credit risk modeling (e.g. PD/LGD/EAD estimation), risk parameters application, A-IRB, Economic Capital, RAPM, IFRS-9 models and Stress Testing Models, big data AI modeling and application is a plus
- Familiarity with the evolving and complex regulatory environment including Basel III/Solvency II/EBA RM Guidelines in the context of financial institutions
- Planning, implementation and process optimization of enterprise risk management for financial institutions
- Valuation, modeling and quantitative management of financial instruments
- Experience with R Studio, Alteryx, Murex, Bloomberg, SAS, Fincard, and Reuters would be an advantage;
- Professional qualification(s) such as FRM, CFA or equivalent are preferred
- Strong organizational skills and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, good analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Bright, team player, who works effectively under pressure, a positive and can-do attitude.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit pwc_africa.recruitmentplatform.com.