Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI)
Senior AMR Expert Advisor Job at Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI). Make sure you go through the job requirement.
Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the front-lines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
Job Code: 5506
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 12 months ( with a possibility of Extension)
- The Senior AMR Expert Advisor, reporting directly to the Team Leader, will work closely with the programme leadership team as well as technical consortium partners to implement and supervise the programme’s activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into programme implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- The Senior AMR Expert Advisor is expected to develop collaborative relationships with other project staff, interact with internal and external development partners, government counterparts and bring innovative ideas, methodologies and approaches to problems associated with AMR and infectious disease surveillance.
- He/she is responsible for documenting and disseminating AMR surveillance and GLASS reporting successes and challenges, which will feed into overall quarterly grantee report to the Management agent of the grant.
- Provide support to conduct and participate in national AMR Technical Working Group (TWG) on surveillance meetings; provide reports on recommendations from the meeting to the Team Lead.
- Support the national AMR coordination committee (AMRCC) and quarterly AMRCC meetings
- Support the AMRCC and Deputy team lead in providing technical assistance in the conduct of AMR community of practice as an integral component of national platform for data sharing and dissemination
- Contribute and support the preparation and submission of laboratory site-specific data and report as an integral part of the Fleming Fund quarterly grantee reporting requirements to the Team Lead
- Provide support to the strengthening One Health governance structure for AMR and AMU surveillance;
- Provide technical assistance towards the review of the National Action Plans and document the efforts to the Fleming Fund project attributing to the achievement of national plans
- Review all technical deliverables to ensure quality and conformity with international standards as applicable
- Provide oversight on AMR stewardship activities conducted at the reference and surveillance sites
- Contribute to developing models/options for AMR/AMU surveillance systems across the human, animal and environment sectors
- Serve as the project’s key technical backstop for specific project activities as assigned, including technical responsibilities related to activity implementation, product delivery, and reporting;
- Contribute significantly to project work planning and reviews.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- The suitable candidate will be an expert microbiologist with at least 10-15 years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas:
- Experience supporting laboratory systems in a senior leadership position;
- Experience laboratory systems strengthening, quality management systems (QMS) and external quality assurance within low and middle-income countries.
- Experience working with government particularly Ministry of Health/Agriculture/Environment and international non-governmental organizations, or bi- and multi-lateral agencies or UN agencies is a clear advantage.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English with strong report writing skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding surveillance in Nigeria
- AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector/ environment/Agriculture is a plus.
Note: This description summarizes the main duties of this Advisor. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
20th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: DAI will only contact candidates