Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
Research Data Manager Job at Institute of Human Virology (IHVN). Please make sure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer. IHVN provides prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Data Manager
Location: Abuja (International Research Center of Excellence)
Type of Employment Adhoc: Adhoc – Program Assistant
- The Research Data Manager will be responsible for the coordination of study data collection and collation, research database management and data analysis and reporting.
- The Data Manager will work to provide comprehensive and high quality research data management services.
- He/She will work with the Data Curation Committee to ensure an effective archiving of data for long term preservation, and maximizing deposit of data in the data repository.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Data Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design research database platforms for relevant new studies at IRCE and manage the study databases of existing studies.
- Work as part of the IRCE research team contributing to the data management plans of grant applications.
- Ensure incoming data from study sites is collected and entered into study database in a timely manner.
- Perform routine data quality checks, data gap analyses, and regular data backup.
- Attend training sessions and study meetings as required.
- Train research staff on proper use of data collection tools and data analyses methods.
- Research database management.
- Quantitative and Qualitative data coding and analysis.
- Archiving and storage of all data files.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in research data management, establish future requirements and make recommendations to improve and develop the data services offered by IRCE.
- Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc data reports as requested by the Principal Investigator.
- Work to provide interventions for researchers on specific projects while supporting the creation of data management plans, adhering to funding body requirements and promoting the deposit of data in the IRCE data repository.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Data Management Unit or the IRCE Coordinator.
- Data Manager reports directly to the Principal Investigator to which he or she is assigned and to the Head of the Data Management Unit at IRCE.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology, bioinformatics or public health information management or related fields.
- Proven proficiency in statistical (eg STATA, SAS, SPSS, and/or R) and Microsoft packages (particularly Excel and Access).
- Ability to generate data tables, charts, graphs will be a key requirement.
- Two years’ experience in data management in programming and/or research projects.
Experience and Skills:
- Able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and communication skills. Ability to integrate into the team and manage interpersonal conflict and personality differences is important.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to absorb new tasks as they arise and are assigned.
- Previous participation in research studies is an advantage.
- The successful applicant will be hired on an initial 6 months trial period which can be terminated if performance and fit for job is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If 6 months trial period is satisfactory, successful applicant will be retained on contract, renewable every 12 months.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to ” Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2021.