United Nations Volunteer
Population Data Fellow, FGM Data, and Research at the United Nations Volunteer. Please go through the job requirements provided by this NGO before applying.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Population Data Fellow, FGM Data and Research
Host entity: UNFPA
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 18 months with the possibility of extension
Description of task
- The FGM Data Fellows Programme will be coordinated by the Chiefs of the Gender & Human Rights (GHRB) and Population Data (PDB) Branches which will provide leadership and overall guidance.
- Technical supervision and monitoring will be under the responsibility of FGM focal points at the country/regional level and/or under the Technical Specialist at PDB and the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at HQ/FGM coordination level.
The Fellow will be assigned to the following tasks:
- Learn and apply statistical techniques to analyze data collected through complex survey designs, such as DHS and MICS;
- Feed UNFPA’s global databases with indicators on FGM at the national and regional level;
- Contribute to studies and research using a combination of survey and the Joint Programme data to provide new knowledge and evidence on FGM
- Visualize analytical results, through maps, figures, and charts, and tables supporting annual reports, among others;
- Contribute to the development of informational brochures and material to support evidence-based communication and advocacy for the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme to Eliminate FGM at the national and regional level;
- Respond to data requests by national and regional entities, the Coordinator and Monitoring and Evaluation Focal Point of the Joint Programme to Eliminate FGM, as well as Headquarters;
- Contribute to GBV knowledge, specifically the KnowVAW data
- Perform any other related tasks as required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent in the quantitative and/or qualitative social sciences, such as demography, public health epidemiology, statistics, sociology, economics or related discipline (such as computer science), Master’s degree preferred.
- 24 Months
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in applied statistics, public health, epidemiology, or demography;
- Working knowledge of relevant statistical packages (particular in R, or related statistical tools/packages such as SAS, Stata or SPSS) and willingness to learn (or existing familiarity with) GitHub or version control systems;
- Knowledge on gender-related studies, especially on harmful practice including female genital mutilation is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of GIS software (such as ArcGIS or QGIS) is an asset;
- Familiarity and experience in carrying out descriptive statistical analysis;
- Familiarity with qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others);
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- Open to work remotely and willing to travel in other countries.
You may also like this; NIMC Recruitment, Salary and Job Vacancies |Update
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org.