United Nations Volunteer
Research Associate at the United Nations Volunteer. Please go through the job requirements provided by this NGO before applying.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated, and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Job Title: Research Associate
Host entity: UNODC
Start date: Immediate
Duration: Until 31 December 2020 with the possibility of extension
Description of Task
Working under the overall guidance of the UNODC Country Representative and under the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer, the UN Volunteer will support the work of the UNODC Country Office in Nigeria to strengthen the rule of law in Nigeria. He/she will specifically undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct research in the areas of security and the rule of law, wildlife and forest crime, crime prevention, criminal justice and transnational organized crime, in support of the identification of threats, technical assistance needs and the design of possible technical assistance interventions;
- Support in preparing and implementing data collection missions, analyzing data and conducting quality assurance in respect to data collected under UNODC projects in Nigeria;
- Support qualitative research following the guidance and methodology provided by UNODC and summarize findings in synthesis reports;
- Support, as required, the implementation of UNODC’s project portfolio and related activities in Nigeria in the field of wildlife and forest crime and other areas related to the rule of law, crime prevention, criminal justice and transnational organized crime;
- Participate in and report on meetings, workshops and other events organized by UNODC, other international development partners and national counterparts in the areas of wildlife and forest crime, rule of law, crime prevention, criminal justice and transnational organized crime;
- Liaise with UNODC headquarters and other regional/field offices to assist the preparation and conduct of project activities.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- University degree (bachelor’s degree) in law, criminology, social sciences, international relations or related fields. An advanced university degree (master’s degree) is highly desirable.
- 24 Months
- Demonstrated study/research experience in the area of rule of law, access to justice, crime prevention, criminal justice, organized crime, corruption and/or money laundering; and/or experience in SDG programming, project management and/or monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, donor relations and/or the field of corporate social responsibility
- Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
You may also like this; Population Data Fellow, FGM Data and Research at United Nations Volunteer
Area of Expertise:
- Rule of law, judicial and national legal system reform, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Criminal law
Area of Expertise Details:
- Previous experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated client orientation, team and networking skills;
- Proficient use of standard software application;
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
- Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
- Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
- Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink
- Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
- Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
14th August, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org.