OPEC Fund Recruits Officer – Policies, Risk Management Department. Make sure you go through the job requirement below before sending your application.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Job Title: Officer – Policies, Risk Management Department
- The position of Officer-Policies develops, implements and maintains the OPEC Fund´s risk management framework comprising of policies, processes, and methodologies, and supports the development of the IT infrastructure for risk management, all in accordance with the institutional risk framework, in order to prevent, minimize, and mitigate risk.
- The position has no structural supervisory function/s.
You may also like this; How to Get a Job in Another State
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and maintains risk management policies, methodologies, and systems for identification, measurement, mitigation, and reporting of the risks in OPEC Fund’s operations (capital adequacy, liquidity, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, asset and liability management, and provisioning).
- Develops and implements policies and methodologies for determining economic capital requirements and allocations, prudential minimum liquidity, and loan loss provisioning.
- Develops and enhances risk models and methodologies for measuring various risks in OPEC Fund’s operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains risk rating methodologies and tools for a structured credit risk analysis.
- Ensures the consistency of rating assignments and tests the predictive power of OPEC Fund’s rating tools.
- Provides feedback to and consults with operations departments to identify risk issues and develop solutions that satisfy the technical and business need.
- Develops and maintains OPEC Fund’s tool for Risk-Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) pricing of credit transactions.
- Advises on risk policy and methodology matters.
- Supports IT projects and other specialized projects to meet risk management requirements.
- Researches and analyzes various matters related to risk management to ensure alignment of OPEC Fund’s risk policies and methodologies with industry best practices.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual risk management reports.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Market Risk, Operational Risk & Policies (MOP).
Education and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Accounting/ Commerce / Finance/ Economics or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum of 7 years of banking/ risk management experience
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience with international banks or multilateral development financial with focus on the development of risk policies, methodologies, and IT systems
- A professional financial or risk management qualification is an added advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of risk management concepts and principles in the context of multilateral development financial institutions, covering capital adequacy, liquidity, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, asset and liability management, and provisioning
- Good knowledge of credit rating and pricing methodologies
- Good understanding of lending and investment practices, banking products, and rating agency methodology
- Demonstrable understanding of the application of risk management methods to information technology and vice versa
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a high level of integrity and drive for achieving results;
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Method of Application
All Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.opecfund.org.