Job Title: Officer, Logistics Operations (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To support the logistics processes which covers storage and transportation of requirements for trading stock and fixed assets.
- Also responsible for planning & management of deliveries, management of inventory returned from site/customers including receipt, repair / replacement by supplier or declared as scrap and disposal.
- Create/ maintain charge lines (refers to financial costs associated with shipping routes) and validate critical information has been included
- Manage landed costs
- Update carrier rates and setup related carrier configuration in oracle
- Responsible for arranging / obtaining the customs clearance documents and verifying the accuracy & completeness against stipulated requirements
- Prepare import customs documents as per the statutory guidelines
- Assign shipment to the supplier as per the approved supplier list (asl) and track status for reporting
- Receive advance shipping notice (asn) from supplier and update the oracle
- Schedule receipt based on the ASN received and arrange for logistics
- Update/ maintain shipment line groups and expected shipment lines (lines refer to shipping routes). Verify that required fields have been updated
- Participate and provide inputs in ad-hoc meetings
- Execute day-to-day operations
- Resolve operational issues
- Escalate issues and requests as required
- Arrange deliveries for the orders in case of parcel shipment and full truck load (FTl) / less than truck load (LTL)
- Ship/ deliver orders for service order or preventive/ scheduled maintenance
- Verify quantity and item details being dispatched matches with the delivery order/dispatch note
- Manage outbound transportation
- Liaise with the lSP for the delivery status
- Track the shipment and escalate to the supervisor in case of any deviation from the schedule
- Assist the supervisor in planning the logistics for outbound operations and provide relevant information to the supervisor
- Prepare / arrange for transport related documents
- Reverse logistics
- Confirm with the customer for the date and time of collection of items / materials to be returned
- Arrange logistics to collect items/materials in case of customer return/site return
- Liaise with the suppliers for the delivery schedule
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’S VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First Degree in Supply Chain Management Or Related Qualification
- 3-7 Years of Experience in Supply Chain Management;
- Experience working with others
- Experience working in a small to medium organization
- Working Knowledge of Oracle.
- BA qualification.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mtnonline.com.