Nigeria number one telecommunication company MTN is currently recruiting Senior Manager, IP Planning position at there Lagos office. Please you are expected to go through the application procedure before applying for this job.
Job Title: Senior Manager, IP Planning
Company: MTN Nigeria
Division: Network Group
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To oversee the design, planning and optimization of the IP transport & MPBN networks as well as the development of innovative and efficient network solutions to support the overall business objectives.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Distil and translate MTNN’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the Mobile Broadband Network and IP transport network
- Drive the design and plan for cost efficient/least cost IP transport & MPBN networks to support MTNN rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking into cognizance the rapid spate of technology developments.
- Plan and monitor the IP Planning budget in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient IP transport & MPBN utilization & occupancy and ensure secure access to the MTNN network
- Ensure the performance of MTNN’s IP Planning network in line with defined KPA/KPI’s
- Maintain an awareness of the latest technological and industry developments
- Oversee the development and management of MTNN IP addressing plan
- Act as subject matter expert regarding E2E IP transport networks & MPBN design and capacity planning
- Monitor international trends and business best practice in relation to specific network solution or technology.
- Direct delivery of future proof solutions in the MTNN IP transport & MPBN networks to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external.
- Direct the activities for architectural service design and efficient delivery of Mobile Broadband platforms (GGSN/PGW, SGSN/MME, etc.), IP transport nodes (Switches, routers, firewalls etc.) and Network security solutions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train IP Planning team to ensure understanding of the
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronic or Communications Engineering or Equivalent
- 9-17 years’ experience – which includes:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in – IP transport & MPBN networks
- Experience in contract negotiation with vendors and suppliers
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Experience in forecasting long term network growth and providing input to company business plan
- Experience in CAPEX and OPEX budget preparation
- Advanced Management programs
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Human Resource/Capital management
BSc, BEng, BTech or HND
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mtnonline.com.