Save the Children
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position of MEAL Officer, those qualified should see the job requirements and apply.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job No.: 20000722
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for the Child Protection and Education programmes including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and CSO / government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State Level Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, databases, etc.) to track Education and Child Survival projects
- In collaboration with MOE, SUBEB and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities, and authorities
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the MEAL Coordinator in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites.
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to monitor Education and Child Protection projects across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Education and Child Protection projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Education and Child Protection Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of Education and Child Protection projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- 2-3 years previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience with Education and Child Protection projects
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel or other statistical packages e.g SPSS, STATA-12, DHIS etc).
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent comunicación skills including report writing.
3rd December 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.