Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Regional Senior Technical Advisor at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) – Nassarawa & Cross River, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job detail and apply.
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Senior Technical Advisor – Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation / Health System Strengthening (SME / HSS)
Ref. Code: 13-11069
Locations: Nasarawa & Cross River
Job type: Full time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI / USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA, and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for the management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- Regional Senior Technical Advisor Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation / Health System Strengthening (SME / HSS) will provide technical leadership state M&E / HSS interventions in the region.
- S / he will also be responsible for supporting work planning activities at the state level, generating strategic data for program management, reporting, and documentation of best practices.
- The position holder will use analyzed and triangulated HMIS, LMIS, and surveillance data at strategic policy and management discussions to influence and guide HSS interventions in the states.
- S / he will build the capacity of SMEP in use of evidence to influence HRH, health financing, and service delivery system decisions. S / he will provide technical supervision for four M&E / HSS officers based in each region. Region one: Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi and Oyo states and region two Nassarawa, Plateau, Benue and Zamfara states.
- Provide technical guidance to SMEPs in the region in the planning and implementation of all M&E / HSS activities.
- Support state M&E / HSS Officers in the implementation of PMI4States state level M&E plans and work plan and reporting on program indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Coordinator.
- Support the states teams to establish systems for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PMI4States central database.
- Build capacity of SMEP and state DPRS in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, data interpretation and data use to inform decisions and guide malaria interventions
- Participate in data quality review meetings at the state level.
- Work with state M&E / HSS Officer and SMEP to train health workers in the use of HMIS tools.
- Work with the State Coordinators in the implementation of selected health systems interventions including, for example, evidence-based state malaria annual operational plans (AOPs) to fit into state planning and budgeting cycle.
- Engage with the State DPRS, SPHCDA, and State Health Insurance Scheme to mainstream state malaria budgets in state government budget.
- Support state malaria partners to build an evidence base to monitor state malaria program performance towards elimination goals.
- Participate and provide technical input in state-level malaria program review meetings.
- Provide TA to the states in the management of Malaria Data Repository at the state level, drawing from the national MDR instance; and promote the dissemination of information to policy and decision-makers through bulletins.
- Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on generating and triangulating data to inform State health systems strengthening.
- Strong analytical, advocacy and program planning skills required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on monitoring & evaluation experience, with good understanding of health system strengthening at state or federal level.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and / or management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in malaria programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for malaria control.
- Excellent data analysis, presentation, use and reporting skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications, including DHIS2 for data management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and mentoring of staff at the state level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and facilitation of training activities.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, multi-cultural and team-building skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
To apply for this job please visit msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.