Kano State Ministry Of Health (SMOH)
Kano State Ministry Of Health (SMOH) has 4 new openings. This recruitment is for those that meet the requirements of the ministry.
About Kano State Ministry Of Health (SMOH)
Kano State Ministry of Health (SMOH) – The Ministry of Health was established to provide health services to the citizens of Kano State. It is therefore an organization that coordinates policies for the regulation of Health Practices, Drugs Control, and Personal hygiene as well as to conduct supervision of Health agencies, executes health-related capital projects with a view to ensuring quality health care service delivery.
Job Title: Medical Officer of Health
Slot: 44 (LGA) Openings
- The Medical Officer of Health (MOH) is a senior government health official appointed by the SPHCM B in – charge of overseeing the implementation of the States health policy at the LGA level.
- She / He will support the implementation of Public Health and Primary Health Care (PHC) programs in the Local Government in which they are appointed.
- She / He will work alongside other Public Health professionals such as Community Health Officers (CHOs), Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWS), Environmental officers (EOs) and Public Health Nurses (PHNs) on matters of public health at the LGA level.
- Contributing clinical expertise to patient care and providing guidance to other health professionals at the LGA level.
- Ensuring that the highest quality standards in patient care are maintained by all healthcare providers in the LGA.
- Verifying complex diagnoses and facilitating treatment plans, including strengthening referrals and continuity of care as appropriate.
- Supervising, and coordinating mentoring activities of healthcare personnel to optimize the care process in the primary health care facilities
- Supporting the development of a need-based planning process for all health service delivery at the LGA level
- Supporting the conduct of medical research in rural communities.
- Ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations and safety standards by all health personnel at the LGA level
- Reporting to senior management at zonal and state level, as well as liaising between administrative and medical staff.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate medical record-keeping practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH), Health Administration (MHA), Health Economics (MHE) or Business Administration (MBA) would be an added advantage
- 3-5 years clinical experience post-NYSC.
The Ideal applicant for this position must be:
- An indigene of Kano State; having a bond with the Kano State Government is an added advantage
- Willing to work at communities in rural areas;
- Ready to undergo screening, both written and oral
- Have basic knowledge of PHC services in the state
- Be able to communicate in English (written and oral)
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Possess a passion for improving PHC service uptake in the state
- Possess a valid medical practicing license
Remuneration and Condition of Service
Successful applicants will be engaged based on the existing remuneration and condition of Kano State Civil Service.
1st January 2020 at 4:00 PM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director of Admin and Finance,
Kano State Primary Health Management Board,
Na’ibawa, Zaria Road,
- All applications must be accompanied by Curriculum Vitae and clear copies of claimed qualification(s).
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process
To apply for this job please visit smoh.org.ng.