The International Rescue Committee
You can now send your application through the career portal of The International Rescue Committee for the position of IT intern. The internationa Rescue committee is an internation NGO founded in 1933 dedicated towards rendering any sought humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: IT Intern
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
BACKGROUND: The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
SCOPE OF WORK: The IT Intern will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
Key working relationships
- This position reports: IT Assistant
- This position manages no staff
Qualifications needed for Intern job
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2-years of relevant experience with NGOs or international organizations
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 7, MS Office 2013, Sophos Anti Virus,Routers.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN , VSAT [c and Ku band], VSAT installer certification preferred
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer but females are strongly encouraged to apply
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.