Schneider Electric is recruiting to fill the position of Graduate Process Automation and Control Engineers. (6 Positions in all )
About the Company
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. With a global presence and a commitment to growth, SE is a world-class Global Fortune 500 leader in Electrical Distribution and Process Automation & Control providing comprehensive solutions that combine software, communication, and services.
Process Automation is a global business unit within SE building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes, and technologies. SE’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher value utilizing proven Schneider technology and expertise enabling success.
Company: Schneider Electric technology
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA)business unit for graduate engineers with a desire to specialize in Process Automation & Control, working across both our engineering and service teams. The role will be based out of our Lagos office but with travel and site work potentially taking up a large part of the role.
The successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of Process Automation and control including;
- Process Automation systems design and specification
- Software engineering and build
- Factory acceptance testing
- Site installation
We are looking for new graduates who strive to build a career in Process Automation & Control and have the following;
- University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation/Controls or other Computer Science related degree
- At most 6 months-1-year hands-on experience in the automation industry
- PLC knowledge, HMIs, control systems, SCADA systems, and Industrial systems
- Knowledge of structured programming, communication techniques, and protocols.
- Knowledge of data communications protocols, networking equipment, and computer operating systems.
- Excellent command of computer knowledge and MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Clear and demonstrable interest in software/programming
- High energy levels, result-oriented, self-motivating
- Networking capabilities both internally within Schneider-Electric and externally
- Female candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Keen interest in computer systems and programming
You speak an additional European language (is not a must, but will be an advantage)
- You are an excellent team player able to both influence and collaborate
- Open and supportive personality with a genuine inquisitive nature
- Willingness to work both nationally and internationally as and when needed
- Customer First – always willing to put customers and others first
- Embrace Different – comfortable dealing with different cultures and embracing change
- Dare to Disrupt – not afraid to do things differently and challenge the status quo
- Learn Every Day – eagerness to learn new skills (fast)
- Act like Owners – take ownership of tasks and not rely on others to drive you
What do we offer in this specific role?
- Buddy/mentor – who will help you to smoothly find yourself in our company
- Specialized training tailored to your needs/experience and career goals
- Relaxed, fun and engaging environment – we’re not just about business: volunteering, extra projects, integration events
- Exposure to a range of Schneider-Electric Process Automation technologies and products
- Experience in working on some of Schneider-Electric largest client sites in Africa
- Growth opportunities to develop technical and none technical skills
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates are encourage to APPLY ONLINE
Do you want to get to know us better? Follow us on Facebook
N/B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.