Schlumberger Nigeria is recruiting for Field Engineer Trainees
About the Company
Schlumberger was founded by two pioneering brothers, Conrad and Marcel Schlumberger, and that passion for discovery has kept us at the forefront of the energy industry for the last 90 years. In that time, we have expanded what we do and changed how we do it. Our commitment to innovation, that pioneering approach and that determination to transform how work is done has been here since the beginning.
Job Title: Field Engineer Trainees
As a Field Engineer, you’ll be involved in every part of our business. From helping acquire essential data to planning long-term well development, you’ll organize, run, and report operations in the field environment and assist specialists and other Engineers with key decisions. Your training will be hands-on as you learn about the energy industry and become an expert in the various tools and services in your business line. You’ll be asked to learn a lot quickly, and you’ll be given responsibility and support to make your impact and start becoming a leader in our business.
- Perform operations, operate equipment, and be accountable for team well-site performance, by the end of your training
- Manage field operations, including engineering design, maintenance, job planning, and operational reporting
- Learn the well construction process and understand the role of different service companies
- Support engineers and specialists on-site and help with essential duties, such as risk analysis
- Effectively manage a crew and/or processes within a year
- Help prepare well-site reports and post-job debriefings
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement culture—across the business
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or related science
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Quick learner able to use logic to solve problems
- Be personally committed to continuous improvement
- Evidence of leadership and teamwork skills
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates should APPLY ONLINE
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.