African Economic Congress
Freelance Magazine Editor Job at the African Economic Congress. Please go through the job details before sending your application.
African Economic Congress is a social enterprise that focuses on the growth and improvement of the African economy by facilitating conversations that bring about change across the board.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Freelance Magazine Editor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Volunteer
- We are looking for a freelance/volunteer editor to perform a variety of editorial duties, such as laying out, indexing, and revising the content of written materials, in preparation for the final publication of a leading economic / finance magazine with African coverage.
- Rewrite copy from writers
- Modify written content from writers
- Develop a content calendar
- Develop ideas for content
- Oversee content production
- Create highly shareable content
- Adhere to journalism best practices
- Assign projects and monitor deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English with 4-20 years of work experience.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to meet the necessary budget
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Conceptual creative abilities
- Ability to create stories
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Work Portfolio to [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email
30th November 2020.