Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the vacant position of Food Security and Livelihood Officer, those qualified should see the job requirements and apply.
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-profit, non-political as well as non-religious international NGO. Première Urgence Internationale helps civilians who are marginalized or excluded as a result of natural disasters, war, and economic collapse. Our mission is to defend basic human rights, such as those set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 11th December 2020
Contract End Date: 31st July 2021 (renewable based on the availability of funding)
Overal Mission General Objective
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and livelihood Supervisor, the FSL Officer is responsible for the daily implementation of the emergency Evoucher food assistance project activity in Maiduguri, Borno State.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and Monitoring of the FSL Activities:
- S/He implement the daily food security and livelihood activities according to the FS program direction.
- Respect the planning and set-up of the activities.
- S/He takes part in the identification and registration of beneficiaries.
- S/He contributes to the identification and registration of suppliers/vendors on the market and to the monthly market assessment.
- S/He actively takes part in the post distribution monitoring activities.
- S/He collects any relevant information from the communities and partners.
- Participate to all food security and livelihood assessments.
- S/He supporting beneficiary and vendors during E voucher card distribution and disbursement.
- Contribute in analysing humanitarian situation in the field and very familiar with Do no Harm policy.
- S/He must have capacity to determine protection issue in the field and can liaise to his/her supervisor
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project goals and agree with the implementation process and modality.
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders and community representatives.
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity.
- S/He ensures the proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers who take part in the project.
- S/He organizes sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs.
- Report to the FS supervisor on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Submit the daily task and weekly situational report to line manager on daily and weekly basis respectively.
- Collect, enter and analyze the necessary data according to the need of the project
- Extract and pass on statistics to the team supervisor, deputy program manager and/or program manager.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her FS&L supervisor and Program Manager.
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects.
Logistic & Administration:
- Under the responsibility of the FS supervisor, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the projects.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Contribute on the assessment processes, gather essential information in the community to support the department in developing new project and strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Disaster Risk Management, Agricultural Economy, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness Management or related fields. Previous experience with NGO is required
- At least 1 year or more experience in a similar position in an INGO’s preferably related to food security, livelihoods or emergency response, recovery and resilience building, and cash transfer program.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Food Security and Livelihoods programming
- Cash Programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline surveys & Assessment
- Proficient user of MS office (word and excel) and data collection tools (kobo, ODK, GPS, GIS, etc.)
- Fluent in English, and Local Dialects: Hausa and Kanuri
- Excellent Fieldwork skills
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Stress Management and flexibility
- Strong Negotiator, Diplomatic and with problem solving skills
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Rigor and organization
4th December 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.