Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Flying Watsan Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Please make sure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flying Watsan Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: (Hierarchical) Deputy Logco
Report to (functional): Logistics Coordinator
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 3 (three) Months Renewable
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities in all projects, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of each project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Supporting the Mission in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Deputy LogCo in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, ensure that each project is keeping has a minimum required material and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the Mission in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training).
- Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Be able to assess WASH activities and define activities to be implementated in the project or area of Assessment for WATSAN interventions.
- Revises and refreshes knowledge of the logistic staff on watsan topics in order to ensure proper monitoring and supervision of the watsan related duties in projects.
- Networking with other WASH organisation in Borno State and other places where Nimert areas of interventions.
- Ensure good knowledge of WASH stocks from other INGOs in Borno state.
- Be a custodian of WASH activities in MSF Spain mission
- Provide Trainings and Regular support for WASH activities in projects.
- Ensures that the essential requirements and protocols are in place and work on their implementation..
- Provides full WATSAN support to projects whenever necessary.
- Education: Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Experience: Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment
- Languages: Mission language essential, local language desirable
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Stress Management – L3
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply
5pm 14th March, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.