Website Sovereign Investment Authority
Credit Risk Manager job at Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority – Recruitment is ongoing at the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority.
About Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
Job Title: Credit Risk Manager
Reference Number: NS20 / 3004
- Reporting to the Head, Infrastructure Risk, the successful candidate will ensure identification and evaluation of threats, develop alternative courses of actions to avoid, reduce, or transfer risks which will entail developing and implementing policies and procedures that help to reduce the credit risk of the Authority.
- Liaise with the Heads of the various Investment Groups in developing the Authority’s credit strategy plan.
- Review credit portfolio for sustained quality, performance and compliance with approved terms and conditions as well as credit policies.
- Develop periodical reviews and propose changes to existing credit policies.
- Conduct monthly & quarterly portfolio reviews and determine impairment
- Develop internal credit rating model and ensure that the ratings reflect the current condition of customers
- Conduct periodic review of loan administration policy and procedures to streamline work flow.
- Ensure compliance with the internal policy, credit approval terms and conditions regulatory ratios / policies etc.
- Ensure all approved investments are administered in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Manage daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements.
- Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper and efficient delivery of credit administration duties.
- Liaise with the Legal Unit and ensure that all security documentations comply with terms of approval and are enforceable.
- Ensures that contractual payment delinquencies are identified promptly, and emerging problem credits are classified on a timely basis
- Review on a daily basis, the credit monitoring and management reports and identify non- performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken in line with credit policy.
- Review existing credit portfolio for sustained quality, performance and compliance with approved terms and conditions as well as credit policy.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- First Degree or equivalent in Finance or related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate! professional qualification is desired
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience
- Experience in financial services, specifically operations or audit will be an added advantage
- Strong proficiency in analyzing and evaluating financial information
- Computer proficiency particularly with spreadsheet
- Attention to detail; thorough and accurate
- Investment I Portfolio Management
- Assets & Liabilities Management
- Financial analysis / interpretation
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation, networking and communication (verbal and written)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail.
13th March, 2020.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com