International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Communication Officer Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). See the full job requirements before applying for this job.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions below:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Consultancy Services
Financing Agreement reference: P- Z1-A00-016
About the Project
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for the following individual consultants.
- The Consultant is expected to develop, implement and coordinate, a detailed communication plan/strategy for the ENABLE-TAAT compact, drive corporate strategy and message development, and other documentations; facilitate the dissemination of information on the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities through feature writing, press releases and social media and promote and publicize ENABLE-TAAT compact activities and results to various stakeholders, which will involve writing, editing, and production of articles and news stories on project related activities and findings and have these published in project newsletter or other outlets.
- He/She will also develop and package print/web/audio-visual and multimedia materials for the ENABLE-TAAT compact upon interaction with the value chains.
- The desired consultant is expected to possess a B.Sc. or HND in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or other related fields with at least five (5) years’ experience performing a similar role in an international organization.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s work environment will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
All those interested and qualified for this position should Click here to apply
Interested and qualified candidates/Consultants must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions. The Expressions of interest should be delivered to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.