The management of Jumia is currently recruiting Chief Operating Officer. See the requirement for this job before sending your application.
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Jumia Mall Country COO will be responsible for leading the Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & customer service teams for improved efficiency in the country.
Ensuring timely execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading in-country related specific projects to reach those objectives
Customer & Vendor Experience improvements are the core of Jumia’s strategic objectives.
Customer Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a customer navigating or buying on Jumia online experience, delivery experience, product experience, customer service experience, and aftersales (returns / warranties) experience.
Vendor Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor selling on Jumia: online experience, operational experience and payment/finance experience.
The responsibilities are:
- Day to day team management: Customer experience, Vendor experience, Customer Service and IT infrastructure
- Leadership: Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted activities and get the required support as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their effective and efficient local execution.
- Gather detailed feedback from customers & vendors
- Update the central team with feedback synthesis and related necessary improvements
- Lead and implement necessary improvements at a local level.
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through proper training and communication channels for centralised actions.
- Leading recruitment activities when necessary.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University.
- 8 years work experience and at least 5-6 years’ work experience at a senior operations management level.
- Deep knowledge of customer/vendor experience best practices in e-commerce or retail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Problem solving and quick decision-making ability.
- Proven experience in target setting and ability to efficiently manage multifunctional team.
- Ability to get hands-on with the team & results oriented.
- Well organized and excellent communication skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.