Fosad Consulting – Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company is looking to hire technically sound individuals for the position below in their Lagos, Warri, and Offshore bases:
Job Title: Geologist / Geophysicist
Reporting Line: Exploration and Subsurface Manager
Job Category: Full Time/Contract
- Provide technical geological and/or geophysical support and risk assessment for prospect generation, reserves recovery and/or major capital projects.
- Seismic Interpretation using any of the specialized geological software; Openworks, Decision space, Petrel, Kingdom or Geographic.
- Ability to interpret structural and stratigraphic elements and pick Chrono-stratigraphic surfaces and faults accurately.
- In-depth knowledge of Asset Evaluations and reservoirs studies.
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition and processing.
- In-depth knowledge of geological correlation and ability to integrate petrophysical data into the interpretation:
- Should be able to tie reservoir top and base to seismic and understand hydrocarbon contacts (GOC, OWC and ODT).
- Proficiency in time to depth conversion with a reasonable velocity field.
- Ability to carry out initial volumetric estimates and support reserves validation and certification.
- Bachelor and Master’s degrees in Geology / or Geophysics.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in geological and geophysical mapping and prospect generation.
- Knowledge of static modeling and petrophysics will be a huge advantage.
- Good knowledge of geology of Niger Delta basin and surrounding basins.
- Possession of relevant work certifications.
Method of Application
23rd June, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com