Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you.
Job Title: Head of Seller Acquisition & Management – Jumia
As Head of Seller Acquisition & management, you collaborate with the leadership team in setting the strategy and plan for Marketplace including assortment growth strategy, business development, operations and customer experience, and team. You will deliver against Vendor Acquisition and Selection goals with your team, closely monitor operational performance and escalate and course correct if needed. In particular, you will:
- Analyze opportunities, develop and implement strategies to grow the Marketplace business through new channels and programs.
- Define the drivers of success for these channels, including selection, quality, customer satisfaction, partner health, traffic and operational success.
- Manage over 5000 existing vendors: select products, optimize assortment, monitor and optimize logistics, grow their businesses
- Set a business development strategy to acquire new vendors to enable further growth
- Work closely with the CCO and Category Managers to identify assortment opportunities and key trends (both to be filled by Marketplace)
- Functionally manage 4 sub departments, the department heads and their teams
- Vendor University: ensuring adequate vendor education and training
- Vendor Relationship Management: managing the communication to sellers, driving the performance of our seller base and ensuring the engagement of our base
- Outbound team: responsible for calling the sellers as per automatic tickets raised
- Acquisition: responsible for acquiring and managing our seller base
- Define business strategies and tactics to improve seller performance through the use of analytic tools, reporting, and knowledge bases.
- Generate value for marketplace sellers, evolving the tools, capabilities, and partnering with cross functional teams to drive technical product improvements.
- Drive seller adoption of new tools and capabilities to improve performance.
- Evolve operating plans for vendor support and triage to improve seller satisfaction and sales productivity
- Reporting to the CCO and also working closely with the CEO, COO & CFO.
- MBA from a top tier business school preferred
- +8 years’ work experience in leading a business unit, major functional program, ideally with full P&L responsibility and commercial / business development focus
- Proven skills in creating forecasts, budget planning, target setting, detailed reporting
- Proven track record in business development at scale, covering project management and potentially also sales/account management
- General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
- Strong ability to operate in a matrix environment, collaborate with various stakeholders in different locales and functions effectively, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Deep understanding of eCommerce/Marketplace
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.