International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Capacity Development Officer Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). See the full job requirements before applying for this job.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions below:
Job Title: Capacity Development Officer
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Consultancy Services
Financing Agreement reference: P- Z1-A00-016
About the Project
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for the following individual consultants.
- The Consultant is expected to develop, coordinate, and implement a detailed youth training plan/strategy for the ENABLE-TAAT compact; identify, develop and promote tools and guidelines for capacity building which will help in mobilizing young people; promote agribusiness growth and help expand diversity in young people.
- Also, he/she will carry out the related ENABLE-TAAT compact training in collaboration with identified facilitators within commodity value chains, integrate promising advanced agricultural technologies from the 9 commodity value chain compacts into curriculum, and incubation, assemble training toolkits and produce training tool per value chain and technology.
- Others include to produce a comprehensive report at the end of training and make recommendations on ways of improving the project.
- The desired consultant is expected to possess a B.Sc. or HND in Agricultural Science or another related field with at least four (4) years experience in performing similar capacity development design and development, training of trainers and participatory extension; performing similar or related roles preferably.
- Familiarity with Nigeria work environment will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested and qualified candidates/Consultants must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions. The Expressions of interest should be delivered to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.