Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO)
Assistant Finance Officer Recruitment at Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO). Please go through the job requirements before applying for this job.
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno North East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 12 months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Purpose of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Roving Finance Assistant will oversee and manage all field transactions; petty cash reimbursement and coordinating payment to volunteers, preparing financial documentation and reporting all financial activities carried out in the field. In addition, S/he will take charge of reviewing payments, purchase request, reviewing financial records for accuracy, prepare bank reconciliations, and conduct cash counts. S/he will ensure the strict compliance to SHO’s internal regulations, financial policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with Maiduguri finance officer, prepares the monthly visit plan and communicates it with the finance management for approval.
- Partakes in periodic visits to the fields to manage financial issues in collaboration with the fields administrative/focal points.
- Conducts periodic cash counting for the fields safe boxes and generates cash counting reports.
- Follows up and closes the pending amounts of the fields’ staff.
- Checks and collects the fields financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets…etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office for archiving and safe keeping.
- Ensures integrity of all financial supporting documentation, proper filling and archive thereof to satisfy SHO regulations;
- Supports the projects staff in any related financial issues like volunteers’ payments, casual workers, guards, housekeepers and ensures strict compliance in following appropriate payment documentation.
- Carries out periodic checks for the logistics works in the fields and collaborates with the logistics staff for any needed financial support.
- Carries out the cash movements from Maiduguri office to the fields according to the projects’ managers requirements and cash requirements forecast.
- Registers the fields expenditures in the sub PN and reports his daily PN to Maiduguri Finance officer to check and consolidate.
- Monitors the fields staff pending aging and liaise with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in SHO Control Model.
- Controls and reports the fields fixed assets and reconcile the logistics inventory records with the actual existed assets in the fields
- Assists the finance team in the monthly/yearly closing and projects financial closing
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/ Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years finance/Accounting experience in the multinational working environment
- Minimum 1-year experience with recognized NGO
- Good Reporting and analysis skills
- Manage and organize information systems, establish and maintain filing systems
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Knowledge the use of Google Drive
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
- English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shuwa desirable)
- Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the fieldwork appointed to work for;
- Salient reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail.
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
28th December 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org