Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO)
Data Clerk Recruitment at Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO). Please go through the job requirements before applying for this job.
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Data Clerk
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno State – North-East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 12 months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Purpose of the Position
- Supports thoroughly the Information Management Unit of the BSFP project in the constant availability of updated project linked data, their correct entry into external and internal databases, their maintenance and analysis with the support of the PM
Under the management of the BSFP Project Manager:
- Carry out field-level record entry into the appropriate database for BSFP project and program level data entry into Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (DMEL) reporting platforms on a regular basis
- Ensure that all thematic areas client registers and forms are filled accurately and consistently on a daily basis.
- Constant review of records to ensure client records are up to date.
- Support the M&E unit in the retrieval of datasets.
- Support the M&E unit in data collation, cleaning, analysis and reporting.
- Support in the development of data tools necessary for data profiling.
- Ensures proper archiving of information
- Updates database with appropriate data entry of
- Ensures proper custody of data entry tools.
- (Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the project. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired).
- Support the Protection team with:
- Extract the needed data from Knack and make the required analysis when needed
- Flag to the protection manager any gap or challenge on Knack
- Be ready to receive team queries about any data issue related to knack or the other monitoring tools filed on a weekly basis
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel – proficient in formulas and charting, outlook).
- Reporting skills.
- Good level of numeracy.
- SSCE / GCE / NECO , BSc qualification.
- High level of confidentiality and respect of data protection protocols.
- Attention to details.
- Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Driving and achieving results
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to SHO values
- Respect of SHOs policies and procedures.
- Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) reserves the right to transfer position as per need/project demand any time during the project. The position will be based in Bama.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation/food;
- Traveling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail.
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
28th December 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org